a high school on Bosphorus

The historic buildings located on the European side overlooking Bosphorus, originally named Feriye Palace, were built as a complex for the Ottoman Imperial Palace in late 1800’s. In 1928, Kabatas High School moved into some buildings of the palace complex. Ongoing documentation of existing buildings and re-use projects for two main buildings aim at more efficient use of spaces in the buildings. One of the linear historic buildings is used as an educational building while the other serves as dormitories and dining hall.